Halloween pumpkins with creepy grimaces light up our gardens and bring some light to the often dreary autumn.Children in particular enjoy breathing life into autumn vegetables. Here you can find out which types of pumpkin are best for Halloween fun, how you should proceed with the carving and how your pumpkin lasts for a long time as a decoration.
Halloween Pumpkins Ideas: Get Inspired!
Instructions: how to carve a Halloween pumpkins
1. Wash your halloween pumpkins thoroughly and then dry it well. Then draw the lid and scratch it in a zigzag shape.
2. Work on the cover until it can be removed.
3. Then it’s time to hollow out the Halloween pumpkins. Take out all the seeds and spermatic cords. You can do this by hand, but you can also use a spoon or ice cream scoop. The remaining skin and pulp should be about two centimeters thick together.
Tip: The leftover pulp can be used to cook a delicious pumpkin soup or pumpkin puree.
4. Then you can think about what your Halloween pumpkin should look like. Maybe smiling face 😉
5. Now simply scratch the contours with a knife until the parts come loose by themselves. You can also divide large sections to make them easier to separate.
6.Your halloween pumpkins is now ready to light up the night as a decoration. You can either use wax candles or tea lights, or you can choose LED lights that you can safely leave on for hours without having to supervise them.
The tradition of the Halloween pumpkin comes from Ireland. According to an Irish legend, the custom goes back to a drunk named Jack, who escaped from hell through a trick. The door to heaven remained closed for him, so that he wandered forever between hell and heaven. A candle in a hollowed turnip lit the way for him. This led to the superstition that you could protect yourself from evil spirits by walking around with a beet lantern on Halloween.
Pumpkins come in many different shapes and colors.The best known is the nutmeg squash - it comes in different sizes, so there is something for everyone. It also has a thin skin, which makes working with a knife much easier.You can also try your luck with butternut squash, for example.