Lavender potpourri bowl makes the home even more homely. Liquid potpourri is a little more difficult. Why not make a potpourri house yourself?
What you need:
- What you need:
- About 3–4 cups of dried flowers (ideal for drying Rose petals but also any other kind of flower; in stores you can buy dried flower mixtures)
- 2 teaspoons each of different spices (here, too, there are no limits to the imagination, the palette ranges from aniseed to cloves to cinnamon)
- 2–4 drops of scented oil (e.g. lemon or lavender)
- 3–4 teaspoons of violet powder to fix the fragrance (Rhizoma Iridis; in the pharmacy)
How to mix the lavender potpourri bowl:
- Put the petals in a well-closing container and add the spices and violet root powder
- Mix everything well and set aside
- Mix the scented oils and possibly the juice of a lemon in another Lavender potpourri bowl and add to the petals after a while
- Sprinkle some cognac over the mixture to keep it moist and sprinkle with salt to set it
- Close the container with the petals and let it stand for a few weeks, mixing carefully every now and then
Arrange the finished Lavender potpourri bowl in a tiered stand or bowl with small candles or tea lights and indulge in the pleasant play of scents and light.